Data CD containing both MP4 video & MP3 audio versions
Running Length: 10 hours 30 minutes
How to Teach Your Children to Thrive in the 21st Century
If you’ve ever wondered how in the world you are going to teach your children everything they need to know for life and leadership in the real world, this 7-part series from the Botkin family might be the dose of hope, relief, and encouragement you need.
Featuring veteran homeschoolers Geoffrey and Victoria and all seven of their grown children, “Home Education for Real Life” tackles the tough issues: higher education, different learning styles, giftings, homeschooling on a budget, vocational training, teaching social skills and confidence, helping children who don’t like to read or write, teaching children to navigate the world without becoming conformed to the world, creating an educational home environment, and more.
Hear from each member of the Botkin family, as they talk about lessons they’ve learned along the way, books and resources they recommend, things that worked for them, and things they’ll never do again. A great source of motivation and encouragement for the whole family!
Originally produced as the Ready for Real Life webinar series
- Ready for What? What We Must Educate Our Children to Be and Do
- Ready to Think and Communicate: How to Have Something to Say and How to Say it – Studying Theology, Apologetics, Critical Thinking Skills, Writing, Researching, Editing, Speaking, and how to boldly give an answer.
- Ready to Lead Culture: How to Take Dominion of the Arts Without the Arts Taking Dominion of You – Studying Music, Art, Photography, Graphic Design, Fashion, and Filmmaking
- Ready to Take Dominion of the Earth: Studying Science, Math, Engineering, Medicine, Computer Sciences, Agriculture, Construction, and the basic knowledge necessary in order to participate in 21st Century progress.
- Ready to Lead in the Gates: Studying Economics, Law, Political Science, Military Studies, Geography, and History
- Ready for Anything: Figuring Out Vocation, Gifts, Real Life Skills, and the Unique Challenges of the 21st century
- Bonus: Final Questions and Answers
What Others Are Saying
We just listened to session one and want to thank you with all of our hearts for this webinar. We are parents of nine children. The oldest is 16 and we are in the "thick" of home schooling. This is a tremendous encouragement.
Thank you so much for your very insightful, practical, and encouraging Tuesday night lectures! Thank you also for your transparency into your family life.
I have already been challenged and blessed by the webinar and can hardly wait to watch it each week! God has already used you and your whole family to help my husband and I to think and live more Biblically, and I can't thank you all enough! What a tremendous blessing that we all share a bond with each other through Christ, even though we hardly know each other!
I so appreciate your willingness to share your family's experiences and way of life.
About The Botkin Family
Home education pioneers and thirty-year veterans Geoffrey and Victoria Botkin homeschooled their seven children from the beginning. Geoffrey has also lectured on philosophy and history at Hillsdale College, on politics at the Heritage Foundation, on media at the Christian Filmmakers Academy, and on theology in the U.S., Germany, Central America, South Sudan, and New Zealand. He and Victoria will be joined by all seven of their grown children (two married with children), including Isaac (author of Outside Hollywood, producer of “Navigating History: Egypt,” and faculty at the Christian Filmmakers Academy), David (military historian, IT professional), Anna Sofia and Elizabeth (authors of So Much More and It’s (Not That) Complicated, producers of “Return of the Daughters”), Benjamin (musician and composer), and Lucas (volunteer firefighter, studying emergency medicine) and Noah (web developer and designer, studying alternative energy).